Maintainance/Safety

Appliance Maintenance

If a property contains oil or gas appliance, the householder is required to have the appliance serviced, to ensure the safe working of the fire, ensure efficiency of the appliance and allow trouble free use throughout the year.

Thompson Services aim to promote the same service for those householders who own a solid fuel appliance,

Whether this is a roomheating open fire or a solid fuel boiler supplying heat to radiators and providing your homes hot water.

 

Many householders fail to appreciate that for the continued safe use of your appliance the servicing is essential.

We recommend in accordance with N.A.C.S. (National Association of Chimney Sweeps), smokeless fuels at least once a year and domestic bituminous coal at least twice a year.

For those homes where wood burning appliances are fitted, quarterly sweeps are needed when in use. Chimneys with gas or oil are recommended to be swept once a year.

Our HETAS qualified solid fuel engineers can maintain your appliance to the highest standard at unbeatable PRICES!!!

Please call us on 01443 833054 or click here for our contact us form.


Safety

Carbon Monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless, toxic gas that has the molecular formula CO. It is the most common type of fatal poisoning in many countries. Carbon Monoxide is produced by the incomplete combustion of the fossil fuels - gas, oil, coal and wood used in boilers, engines, oil burners, gas fires, water heaters, solid fuel appliances and open fires.

Dangerous amounts of CO can accumulate when, as a result of poor installation, poor maintenance, failure or damage to an appliance.

Having no smell, taste or color, in today's world of improved insulation and double glazing, it has become increasingly important to have good ventilation, maintain all appliances regularly and to have absolutely reliable Detector alarms installed giving both a visual and audible warning immediately there is a build-up of CO to dangerous levels.

Early symptoms of CO poisoning, such as headaches, nausea, and fatigue, are often mistaken for the 'flu because the deadly gas goes undetected in a home. Prolonged exposure can lead to brain damage and even death.

At Thompson Services we take carbon monoxide poisoning very seriously, we advise to every customer that they have a CO detector installed. If you do not have a detector then please ask when you make a booking or when an engineer visits your home and we can supply an approved CO detector with a five year guaranteed life under normal operating conditions.


Please contact us on 01443 833054 or click here for our contact us form.


Sources http://www.carbonmonoxidekills.com

Last Updated: 11/9/2016 1:49:44 PM By System Administrator